Tuesday 5 November 2013

The Wizard of Oz (5) The Lion without Brave (HJ Lee)

 
  Chapter 6
 
 
 
 
     Dorothy, the Scarecrow and the Tin Woodman met new friend! It's the cowardly Lion. At first time, the Lion looked like be awfully scared, but in fact, he was the Cowaedly Lion. When he face danger, his heart began to beat fast! Even he is the King of Beasts.
 
 
1.
    Interestingly, because the Tin Woodman doesn't have heart, he feeled envious of the Lion's fasting  heart. I realized that everyone feels envy other who has somethings that they doesn't have. Sometimes, I make a complain about life in Canada because I cannot speak English well, and I can't eat enough Korean food (I love Korean food sooooooooo much!). However, my friends live South Korea envy me live Canada. Therefore, let's remember that we should be thankful for what we have.
 
 
2.
    When the Tin woodman stepped upon a beetle, he killed the poor little things. Eventhough it's not his intention, he was very unhappy and sad. Then, his tears ran slowly down his face, mouth, and jaws, so he rusted his whole face. (However, even Dorothy and the Lion, who have the haert, couldn''t understand what he killed small things was what make to be sad.) The  Scarecrow understood it and oiled the Woodman. What are you thinking about this? 
   I found fun and interest things. The Tin Woodmanㅡwho hadn't heartㅡfeels hurts due to killing something, and the Scarecrowㅡwho hadn't brainㅡ did solve the problem. I believe,  the Tin Woodman and  the Scarecrow already have what they want to get, real heart and brain!!  On the contrary, Dorothy and the Lion didn't do anything though. Possibly, we may already have what we don't have something!
  

Today's Adjectives Bank!

ashamed : feeling shame, guilt, or disgrace
curious : strange, unusual, or unexpected
cowardly : afraid in a way that makes you unable to do what is right or expected : lacking courage






by HJ Lee *


2 comments:

  1. Hello HJ,
    Humm the story that you are reading seems good I like it.
    I like also you page vocabulary and I think that I will do vocabulary part me too.
    That is right we don't always what we wont. People have to deal with it because that is our life.


    Adama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Adama ;)
    Tegging vocabulary is helpful for me, and I hope thar it will be helpful for our classmates! ^^
    Have a great day, Adama!

    By HJ Lee *

    ReplyDelete