Monday 28 October 2013

Charlotte's Web - Chapter 3. - Kim

Chapter 3. The Wilbur(pig) came to Uncle Homer's barn. It was very large and old. Fern every afternoon come to see him, and just looking him all afternoon after came to her home. After some days, someone told to Wilbur that you can out this barn. Wilbur looked around. Goose said to him, "a board is loose." Wilbur wanted to come out the barn, because he thought there is so small for him. He wanted freedom. So he tried come out the barn. After that, he enjoyed his freedom. However Uncle Homer saw him, and he started to catch him. Many around animals helped him. Uncle Homer thought good idea. He started cook potatoes and foods, and called Wilbur. Wilbur's heart began to shake. Because smell was so good. Many animal said to him that is trick so don't go. But Wilbur was almost arrive Uncle Homer's house. Uncle Homer's put him to barn again. and came back to home. Wilbur ate a lot of food. He thought, `I'm really too young to go out into the world alone`. and he fall a sleep.
When I read this story, I thought about Circus elephants. Circus elephants always training with trainers. Sometimes they hit elephants. Start of training, elephants want a freedom. Every time elephant try to freedom. But after one month, three month...They give up, and They began to tame.
And they don't try to freedom. After They think. 'Here is the best place to stay.' Nowadays many students don't try to challenge. Because they think, 'here is the best place to stay.' Therefore, they don`t know about failure. When they have fail, they can't solve that. They will collapse. However we have to try everything even if we fail. when we have a failure, we can know how to solve this. We are afraid of failure. Also I am afraid of failure. BUT I know one way of challenge. It is very easy. Go to Travel. We can feel many things and learn to many things.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree Kim's thinking. I also think the travel is a good way to get challenge and freedom. To visit Canada 5 years ago was my first trip for challenge and freedom for me. The trip cahnges everything! Because of the trip, I started new life in Canada now ^^. What was your most memorable trip Kim and Charls?

    by HJ Lee *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,

    Thank you for sharing! This book is one of my favourites. I read it to my son earlier this year.

    Another topic that this book made me think of is how animals are treated- especially since the animals in this book act like humans. It was interesting to talk about this topic with my son (since at the beginning of the book, the farmer wants to end Wilbur's (the pig's) life, but Fern stops him).

    Like you, I think that it is good to take risks, but it is true, as we get older this becomes more difficult. I that we always need to be trying new things- it keeps us young. :)

    ReplyDelete