Wednesday 30 October 2013

The Wizard of Oz (3) The Scarecrow without Brain (HJ Lee)


Chapter 3~4

The Colors

    Dorothy started to go to Emerald City. Munchkins welcomed Dorothy, and they thought Dorothy was a witch.  Munchkins like blue and only witches can wear white. Dorothy waered blue and white cheked dress, so  Munchkins said they knew Dorothy was a friendly witch.

   Sometimes, we give meaning to the color. The white color means purity and cleanliness. The red stands for passion, sometimes it means death., so Koreans don't write person's name in red. I like yellow because it is a symbol of spring. I kike spring season. What particular color do you prefer? or Do you have a special meaning particular color in your country?



The Scarecrow & The Trip's Purpose


    Dorothy saved the Scarecrew in the corn farm. The Scarecrew doesn't have brains, so he wanted get some brains from Oz. He asked her why she want to go home instead of here where is more beautiful. She thought  home is the better than any place. I agree that! When I arrive at home after finishing a travel, I can feel my home is the best even though the travel was so beautilful and atractive. Anywas, so the Scarecrew joined her trip!



Today's Adjectives Bank!

uneven : not level, flat, or smooth
queer : beyond or deviating from the usual or expected
tedious : tiresome or boring because of length or dullness


by HJ Lee *

 

2 comments:

  1. Yes it right. In our culture too, we write the name of person in the red color when he is died. I don't know if in Canada it's the same meaning.
    Charles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although colours don't really have strong meanings in Canada, my guess is that, for most people, red represents love or passion in Canada... though it can mean other things too (like when a teacher marks something incorrect). I remember writing a Korean students name in red- I had no idea that this was not acceptable! I learned very fast. :)

      Delete