Friday 4 October 2013

The Little Prince (6) - The 1st, 2nd, 3rd Planets (HJ Lee)

 
Chapter 10~12
 
 
1st Planet ; a king

 
   There is a king. The king orderd the prince to everyting like to sit, to ask, even to yarm. :)
The king fundamentally insted upon was that his authourity should be respected.
 
   As say in the bible ; "And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. (Luke 6:13)" The king probably didn't know this simple law.  In my opinion, if the king has respected his people before he order, the king would have been respected by his people. I believe that 'Authority' is made ​​from the others, not by himself.
 
   Do you know? Nobody has lived the plenet! Why? Sure enough, that is I said ^^

2nd Planet ; a Conceited man

 
   'Conceited' means characteristic of false pride or  having an exaggerated sense of self-importance. The second planet was inhabited by a conceited man. The conceited man extremely wants to get to admire by the people.
 
   Some people only want to be a hero like the conceited man. A book, 'Whale Done!: The Power of Positive Relationships' was one of the best seller. Have you read the book? I have read it. The book said that words of praise made a lot of positive results. I agree that. Doing well someting deserve praise.  I think, however, the admiration should be a result. When the admiration is to be purpose,  It will made false pride, and he never will not be happy because no one likes him like 'the conceited man'.
 
 
3rd Planet ; a Tippler
 
 
   The the third planet the little prince visited was where a tipper lived. The prince asked him why he is drinking, then the tippler replied that is to forget he is ashamed.
 
   I think this is escapism. Occasionally, we can see similar the situation around us. They are addicts. There are many kind of addiction such as alcohol, drugs, sex, work, game and so on. According to the reserch, the reason of addiction is it is fun of course, but another big reason is avoid their own reality.
 
  Sometimes, I also want to run away from my problem!   I know this is not the best way. Even so, I wnat to say that we can never get anything if we avoid our reality. We need attitude with courage to challenge without fear!!
 
 
 
 by HJ Lee *
 

2 comments:

  1. I very enjoy when I read you'r posts
    you're choose a good and interesting book :)

    KHOLOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?? Thanks, Kholod. ^^

    by HJ Lee *

    ReplyDelete